A Consultant Cardiologist who sub specialises in interventional cardiology and cardiovascular risk assessment. Trained in general cardiology treating wider aspects of cardiovascular diseases such as hypertension, high cholesterol, valve disease, palpitations and fainting.
Dr. Khamis undertakes his NHS work at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust with a joint academic appointment at the National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London. Dr. Khamis has his interventional work and on call commitments for heart attack angioplasty at the Hammersmith Hospital site, and outpatients’ clinic at the Charring Cross Hospital site.
He has a deep interest and is a leader in the research field of cardiovascular risk stratification. He and his team work on the innovative development of interventional cardiology technologies for the diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease which is the leading single cause of the death globally.
Dr Khamis sits on international cardiology journal editorial and international cardiology meeting boards, is regularly invited to speak in national and international forums on research, training and public health aspects for cardiovascular medicine.
The European Society of Cardiology: Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC). 2015
Royal College of Physicians and the general Medical Council (UK): UK Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCT) in both Cardiology and General Internal Medicine. 2014
Imperial College London: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Cardiovascular Medicine, and Diploma of Imperial College (DIC). 2015
Royal College of Physicians (London): Member of the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom MRCP (UK). 2005
University of Bristol Medical School, Bristol, England : Bachelor of Medicine. Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB). 2000
Clifton College, Bristol, England: A Levels.
Dr. Khamis qualified in Bristol in 2000, and underwent extensive training in leading UK institutions. He did most of his Senior House Officer Training as part of the Barts and the Royal London Rotation and his specialist and sub specialist Training at Imperial College and its affiliated hospitals.
A summary of his clinical training is as below:
- Interventional Fellowships: Hammersmith Hospital 2009/2010 and advanced fellowship 2014/14.
- Specialist Registrar Cardiology Rotation: 2006-2014 Imperial Lead Provider cardiology specialty and subspecialty training programme.
- General (Internal) Medicine Senior House Officer Rotation: 2002-2005: Barts and The London Internal Medicine
- Emergency medicine Senior House Officer post: 2001-2002- the Leeds general Infirmary.
- House Officer Rotation at Bristol Royal Infirmary and Bath Royal United Hospital.
National and International Distinctions, Appointments and Awards
- CRT (American interventional cardiology organisation) Young Leader 2017.
- British Cardiovascular Society Young Research Worker of the Year Award Winner 2014.
- American College of Cardiology Young Investigator of the Year Award Finalist 2014.
- British Atherosclerosis Society Binks Scholarship Winner (to Harvard Medical School) 2013.
- British Heart Foundation Centre of Research Excellence Best Postgraduate Presentation Award 2013.
- British Atherosclerosis Society Young Investigator of the Year Award Finalist 2013.
- British Cardiovascular Interventional Society (BCIS) Scholarship Winner to the (American) The Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions 4th Fellows Course. 2009.
- Translational Research Editor of EuroIntervention. The official Interventional Cardiology Journal of the European Society of Cardiology. 2016-current.
- Member of the Editorial Board, A leading Cardiac Surgery Journal. 2014- current.
Radio and Television Interviews
Newspaper and Media Links:
The New Zealand Herald: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11659855
Radio new Zealand: http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/thiswayup
Australian National Radio: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/science-with-chris-smith:/7201770
British Heart Foundation News: https://www.bhf.org.uk/news-from-the-bhf/news-archive/2016/february/detecting-plaques-prone-to-rupture
BHF blog: It’s Time to Think Differently About Women and Heart Disease: https://medium.com/british-heart-foundation/its-time-to-think-differently-about-women-and-heart-disease-36efd2b8c2a4#.ryyckqi5i
Overseas Media links
Links in Arabic:
Radio Mawwal: .http://www.mawwal.ps/ar/mawwal/75915
Al Shasha: https://www.shasha.ps/news/222813.html
Alquds February 2016: http://www.alquds.com/articles/1456476068523512900/
Alquds June 2016: http://www.alquds.com/articles/1466411493864828500/
Links in Russian:
Links in Italian:
Links in German:
Links in French:
Links in Spanish:
Tests and Procedures
Dr. Khamis can arrange a full range of investigations and treatment: including Echocardiography (conventional echo, contrast echo, Transoesophageal Echo, bubble echo) , Coronary Angiography, Coronary Angioplasty, Coronary physiology ( FFR) , Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS), Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), Single and Double Chamber Pacemaker insertion, Cardiac Coronary CT Scanning, 24 tape, 24 hour blood pressure monitor, exercise tolerance testing, Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography, Full CardioPulmonary Exercise testing, Tilt table testing as well as all blood tests.
Contact Dr. Khamis and other links
Make an appointment: 02074360669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Dr. Khamis Directly via email on: email@example.com
English, Arabic and French.