Get to the bottom of your symptoms with accurate measurements of your blood pressure over a 24 hour period. Our trusted cardiologists will explain the findings so you can find out whether you’re suffering from hypertension, and break down the treatment options. Let’s improve your symptoms so you can enjoy life again.
What is ambulatory blood pressure monitoring?
Also known as “24 hour blood pressure monitoring”, we use ambulatory blood pressure recording devices to measure your blood pressure over a 24 hour period whilst you go about your day. ‘Ambulatory’ simply means while moving.
Why can’t I have my blood pressure taken in a clinic?
Whilst having your blood pressure taken in a clinic is a well-validated method to assess hypertension, the readings can sometimes be falsely high due to what’s known as “white coat hypertension”. Instead, it’s recommended to use a 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure monitor during your daily activities to get accurate results (and prevent clinical bias).
Who needs blood pressure monitoring?
If you’re suffering from symptoms of high blood pressure, it is strongly recommended to book your 24 hour ambulatory test to prevent any worsening of the condition.
What happens during the test?
24 hour blood pressure monitoring tests are simple.
- A blood pressure cuff is fitted to your arm.
- It is connected to an automated inflating device which records the blood pressure every half an hour during the day and every hour at night.
- The blood pressure monitor records your blood pressure every 20 minutes.
- When you return the monitor, the readings are analysed to give a day-time, night-time and 24 hour average for your blood pressure.
What are the next steps?
Once you’ve returned the monitor, we’ll download the data. A report will be produced and your private cardiologist specialist will explain the findings to you. Then we’ll create your personalised treatment plan. Hypertension is best treated with medication or our new Renal Denervation Procedure, but we’ll break down the options for you.
How do I book the test?
Get seen quickly
As we’re a private clinic, your appointments work around you. You’ll soon have the answers you need so you start enjoying life again.
Worried about abnormal heart rhythms?
24 hour ambulatory monitoring tests are covered by most private medical insurance policies, but please contact your insurance company prior to your appointment to obtain your pre-authorisation code to speed things up.
Our price list is available on request and is on display in our waiting area. For an estimation of costs please get in touch.
Why choose London Cardiovascular Clinic?
- We offer a patient-centred approach, so you’ll feel looked after and have all your questions answered
- Choose from our flexible appointment times and get seen at your convenience
- Personalised treatment plans
- Get consultancy & treatment from London’s top cardiologists – each with their own special interests
- You’ll experience a much more welcoming and relaxing experience at our private clinic than you would elsewhere
- Video resources to help you further understand your condition and the procedures involved